Work this Way
Award Winning Social and Environmental business.
We provide training, work experience, employment opportunities and support to prisoners approaching the end of their sentence. We improve offenders’ employability, help them into employment and reduce the risk of them re-offending. Work this Way currently runs a range of programmes:
Our Current Project
The Old Mill Coffee Shop based at Church Road in Eastchurch.
Serving delicious hot and cold food and refreshments. Enjoy a freshly brewed cup of coffee or pot of tea and take in the beautiful surroundings of Eastchurch Estuary.
- Oil Works (bio-diesel) based at HMP Standford Hill, Kent
- Waste Works (wood / furniture re-cycling) at HMP Standford Hill, Kent
Another ‘graduate’ from Work This Way has got a job! He left us in August and had started his new employment by the middle of September. This is great news for everyone
We provided him with:
- High quality, accredited, vocational, employer-led training and work experience
- Peer mentoring and ‘soft’ skills development, helping to build the personal capabilities, confidence and self-esteem needed by socially excluded offenders to get a job
- Direct employment to gain real references and the potential for continued employment on release.
Thank you for sponsoring us:
THE MONUMENT TRUST